how to revive my passion ?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done how to revive my passion ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      oddguy
      Participant

when i was a kid i was really good at drawing. (10 years there about) .. i have ADD which i must say has really wrecked my life .. i am now 37 years old and am trying to revive the drawing passion but i don’t seem to be as good anymore and have no interest .. any way i can revive it ? and does the lack of interest translate not being as good at drawing ? Will really appreciate you answers and suggestions .. Thanks

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

I think your interest level will determine your success with anything. If you don’t feel interested in drawing the way you used to, don’t. Maybe there’s another art form that would be more exciting now due to the newness for you. Maybe try painting or paper arts or pottery. If you feel passionate about re-introducing the arts in your life (which is a great thing), kind of start exploring the arts all over again and continue in the areas you find interesting.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Anonymous
      Inactive

hi oddguy,

are you truly uninterested, or did you lose your passion at some point due to other circumstances? i’d recommend you check out the book ‘the artist’s way’ by julia cameron. whether drawing is still your desired creative outlet, or it’s time to find something else, this book takes you through step by step ways to tap into lost creativity. good luck to you!

oddguy
      Participant

thanks for the tips on the posts .. honestly i have absolutely no interest in drawing anymore and the problem is i have been trying to force it back since i was good at it when i was a kid.. that’s the problem … it’s time to get another interest .. thanks Penny and Belly

DJStudios
      Participant

With time circumstances change and people have to comply with it sometimes but you don’t have to force yourself into a passion you’re not really interested in. Since it’s been 10 years maybe it’s not the only passion you can have, try and explore other options and you might be surprised to find out that there’s something out there you can be passion about and naturally good at. Although if you really want to continue the passion you started when you were a kid, I don’t think that such passion would disappear completely considering that you still thought of it until now, try to start with something simple, there are a lot of ways to learn it once again such as art class or video tutorials online or getting inspiration from your surrounding environment then draw whatever you seem interested in. Get a blank book or sketch pad and try different styles and see if there’s something you’re dominant in. Life’s to short to waste it on something that doesn’t fulfill you and time is too long to just be contended in something safe. If we just try to take a leap of fate and swallow whatever is causing us to be stuck then it’s worth the shot to find growth in something we truly love and are passionate with.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.