How do I get help? No money

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults How do I get help? No money

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      elijah431
      Participant

I am a college student and have suspected I have ADHD for a while now. It is getting to the point where I really feel I need to seek help but I have no idea where to go or how to pay for it. I am on my parents insurance but my dad told me that it does not cover mental health, not sure if that is true. I work part time and make just enough to live but nothing more and my work does not offer insurance. How do I proceed? I feel trapped. Cannot get help, and cannot succeed because I cannot get help.

anguscole41
      Participant

do you have a primary care physician,If so you might go talk with them to see if they are able to help you with medication,or you might be able.to see if your university or college has a Phychiatrist if so you could ask them.for advice or help.as well,while your figuring out the situation you can go to a vitsmin shoppe and pick of some L-theanine,I used to take that when I was not medicating as it work great for my ADHD I was not the best option but help while I was looking for a new Phychiatrist,I home you get the answers you need.im sure others will definitely respond,I love this community for sure.

Bert
      Participant

Try going to your college’s health services. Or your academic counselor for ideas about what services your school or community have. I’d say work more and school less but that doesn’t always solve anything.

Dr. Eric
      Participant

I was assessed by my college’s assessment center.
      There was still a charge, but it was a lot cheaper than retail.

taliagrace
      Participant

I feel you pain! I’ve been there!
      I’m graduating from the University of Toronto in a few months, I had ADHD and ASD. I just started a website for people in your position http://www.taliagrace.ca
      I just started it and I’ve covered most of the basics on there already.
      Please feel free to email me with any questions!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.