Hobbies

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      adhdgal25
      Participant

Hi everyone! I just feel like getting to know people! I’m going to be 26 years old and I was diagnosed with the combined type of ADHD! What are your favorite hobbies? Reading is mine! I tend to hyper focus on things that I love to do or am interested in. I also love music, movies, being outside, spending time with family and friends, and meeting new people.

MattColo
      Participant

Just one hobby? Given how scattered I am hobbies are like potato chips. BTW, I’m 58 and my ADD is merely a very strong hunch.

Things I do to keep my happy on my own: Photography. Cooking. Boy Scouts. Biking. Camping/hiking/out doors. Writing software. Japanese gardens.

I’m not particularly great at any of them but I jump around and do really enjoy all of them. I do like reading, at times. I just have to force myself into making it half way through a book and then it sucks me in.

So what type of books do you like reading?

adhdgal25
      Participant

I am scattered too when it comes to hobbies! I love outdoor activities. My favorite type of books to read are legal thrillers and murder mysteries.

Morgaen01
      Participant

I have several hobbies lol Archery has been put on the back burner for now. Photography has stopped. I wrote 5 short stories before I stopped that. Recently it was drawing. Mostly my hobby is researching new hobbies lol

jschnabe
      Participant

I am the same. If it’s a good book I will read it in a day or two. If not it will take me months. but I do love reading. I also personally love jigsaw puzzles. It seems like an odd choice for adhd but i can work with my hands (fidget) and think about other things in the world or day dream. I like the amount of thought I have to put in to the jig saw puzzle. It’s not completely mindless, but enough so I can think of other things too.

Morgaen01
        Participant

Hmm something I haven’t tried yet, mainly cause I don’t have the patience but maybe I should start out small?

ljcasey1
      Participant

I have many, but my main 2 are model railroading and playing music. I am 55 and recently diagnosed with ADHD-inattentive, but have been diagnosed OCD for 25+ years.. and when I say hobbies, I mean basically obsessions. Problem has been that I will go madly at one for 4-6 months, then lose interest and switch to the other, or stop for a while….maddening. I am also a perfectionist and very serious about both. I am a published author in a model railroad magazine, built an interior in a 3 inch long caboose(yeah…that kind of ‘crazy’) and consider myself an uber-geek in the hobby. I have played bass and sing lead vocals(on some not all songs) for various local working bands since the early 90s and consider myself very good at it, but like all of us….never enough. I have dozens(possibly 100) unfinished projects downstairs, and have a habit of switching in and out of bands(not always by choice…lol)…have been in about 15 since I started playing in working bands.

LJC

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.