Help for a Newbie

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bellydancer
      Participant

My partner is awaiting an ADHD assessment with a consultant. He had a very bad psychotic episode last year & was sectioned under the mental health act. He is recovering amazingly well & we have a great multidisciplinary team looking after us.They predict it is v likely he will be diagnosed.
      We are madly in love still after 6 years albeit his is v clingy to me. Good at talking things through & determined to continue on a loving fulfilling life partnership.
      My problem is coping with my frustrations which go into ‘orbit’ when my illnesses kick in – I have a chronic back complaint.
      I try so hard to not loose patience & have tried all sorts of strategies to help. Our biggest problem is I am an extremely organised, well managed, efficient character & he is the complete opposite. It then causes me huge frustration & stress & then pulls me down. This doesn’t help him. I’m trying to use some coping strategies to help but any tips out there for a newbie from experienced folk? TIA

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

There may be some insights or advice in one of these articles that helps you:

Married with ADHD: How Real Couples Make It Work

Free Resource: Manage ADHD’s Impact on Your Relationship

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.