Help

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Gazettechan
      Participant

This anxiety is crippling my capacity to go about and be normal. It is hard coping with this and ADHD. Why is it happening to me? What can I do to fight it? I feel like it’s too much already.

• This topic was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by Gazettechan.
      ADHDMaddie
      Participant

I’m not going to pretend to know your situation, but I also have anxiety and I can say with certainty that bottling it up won’t help. I prefer to cope by writing–journal entries, poems, whatever. But if your anxiety feels like it’s “too much already” you should always reach out to talk to someone. There are anonymous hotlines to talk to someone.

I know how hard it can be to juggle so many overwhelming things at once–for me it’s anxiety caused by OCD and ADHD. Sometimes it helps to get out of my head by reading. But everyone is different. You just need to find what helps you. And, again, don’t be afraid to talk to someone.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

There are some useful strategies to manage anxiety and ADHD together.

ADHD and Anxiety: Symptoms, Connections & Coping Mechanisms

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Kerplunk
      Participant

Sorry to hear your anxiety has got a hold of you, when I get that way calling the NHS helps. There is medication that can help if it gets too much or therapy. The natural methods , exercise being in nature etc… aren’t always as powerful sometimes you need to zap it for all sides and do everything. You’ll get there, you’ve been there before so why not again.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.