Hello, i am new here

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  britnelopez22 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

MJM99
    Participant

Hello, I am new to this forum. I came looking for some support and others in similar life situations. My spouse has ADHD (and is treated for it) and we struggle with some normal parts of home life.
    I have not been active on an internet forum community since my son was a small child, and while it was very interesting and sometimes helpful, it wasn’t a gentle place, and I think it was time for me to move on from it!

The current issues facing us are:
    my spouse’s extended unemployment–nearly one year, financially things are dicey
    spouse is not very aware of things that need doing around the house, eg, walk the dog, wash dishes
    some compulsive “collecting” behaviors, not sure if these are actually pathological in nature or more on the outskirts of a normal range. When I’m upset about it I definitely call it “hoarding”! We are working on getting rid of many piles of things, but emotionally it is difficult.

Some things are quite fine, my spouse’s relationship with our son is good, they have a lot of fun together.

I will be reading and learning from everyone here. Thank you.

ADHDmomma
    Keymaster

It can be challenging to share a life with someone with ADHD. See if you can set a schedule for chores and clearly clutter. Walk the dog at 8 am and 8 pm every day. Wash the dishes at 7 pm every day. Tackle one pile of clutter every Wednesday… etc…

6 Easy Ways to Juggle All Those Balls

Small Changes, Big Results

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

britnelopez22
    Participant

Hi!,
    Welcome, I am also new here

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.