Heart rate

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums FAQ Heart rate

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pinewalla 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

mstalli
    Participant

Hello everyone. I’ve been on Vyvanse 30 mg for about a week now and I’ve noticed when I wake in the morning my heart rate is 70-80 bpm but after taking Vyvanse it goes up to 100-110. Is this normal? It’s Saturday and I’m just not sure if I should take my medication today until I talk to the doctor.

EMAILAMANDAMO
    Participant

I have the same problem, if you do visit your doctor please let me know his response. Do you like the way vyvanse works for you? Do you have other side effects? I feel like adderall worked better for me but my current doctor is reluctant to prescribe it for some reason.

mstalli
    Participant

I do like it while it lasts. There is a crash in the afternoon I’m not too fond of.

pinewalla
    Participant

Hi adhd meds can affect blood pressure and heart rate there’s no doubt about it. You are taking a powerful drug into your system. Thw effects are very individual.

I had to stop methylphenidate and atomoxetine due to increase in heart rate and blood pressure that was too high. Over time this can be dangerous for physical health. We are all different. I’m on Elvanse and i dont have problems on 10mg (yes that’s all I can take) of it, but feel some good effects still.

Yes get to your doc for blood pressure and heart rate checks asap. You may need to stop it or lower the dose. A consistent heart rate of 100 is too high in resting phase.

The good news is when I stopped atomoxetine my one went back to normal again. The same show happen for you. But your dose or brand really needs reviewing.

Adhd meds do affect physical health no doubt, and some of those effects can be serious later on on heart function and also high BP can cause a stroke if left unchecked.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.