Had some weird anxiety on a drive yesterday, I just feel like typing

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Had some weird anxiety on a drive yesterday, I just feel like typing

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      spacemanspiff
      Participant

So, preamble here: I was diagnosed with ADD inattentive type about 2 weeks ago. I’m 40 and not medicated yet. I’m a tech-nerd. I work from home and have for 18 years.

Last night me and the family were driving home from a family thing, the drive was about 150km. The kids and wife all had their faces buried in their iDevices and I was listening to some mindless radio and driving.

I had this constant strange mild dose of anxiety running thru me, where I had the need to consume and produce. Like I wanted a book in my hands on “some cool topic that will make me exponentially more interesting and better at my job” or something like that. Then I got home, had zero energy and went to bed. The end.

I was even going to type a longer thread than this. But I got distracted by a squirrel.

I was even going to not submit this, because just typing it felt good. But it might spur some interesting conversation so I’m going to throw it at the wall and see what sticks.

and que anti-climax!

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.