Green Tea helpful?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sporty22
      Participant

Hi All – Has anyone tried having their teen drink green tea before school to help with anxiousness? I would appreciate any thoughts on this . Thanks so much.

Sporty 22

ironbru
      Participant

Hi there – I’m fairly recently diagnosed (August 2019) and also have a 9yo son who is ADHD.

He will not drink tea, but in recent weeks I’ve been drinking a number of different herbal teas and have had some positive personal results. I’m not a fan of green tea, but drink peppermint or turmeric & ginger teas. I find they have a lasting soothing effect and can also be a great way to practice ‘mindfulness’.

I suffer from anxiety too – without a doubt drinking herbal tea does have some benefit for me.

Thanks,

Rob

Skins33
      Participant

“An amino acid in green tea helps reduce generalized anxiety. The amino acid L-theanine is an effective treatment of moderate and severe anxiety and does not cause drowsiness. … Moderate anxiety symptoms often improve with a regimen of 200mg once or twice daily. ”

You can buy cheap theanine supplements at your local grocery store or pharmacy.

steftomes
      Participant

I would try the tea or a little coffee as well. It helps my adhd teen.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.