Goal Setting

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ADHDmomma 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Quinn
    Participant

(my first attempt at posting this got eaten by the interwebz gremlinz)

I’d like to hear how y’all handle setting and achieving goals. What methods work best for you and what methods don’t work for you? Do you set lots of goals at once or do you only set a few short/medium goals and wait to achieve them before you create new goals?

As for me personally, I have tried some of the traditional goal setting methods, with less than stellar results. I’ve tried to read the 7 Habits book, as well as tried the Zig Ziglar planner, and neither methodology has worked well for me. I end up trying to create the goals per their instructions and end up with “brain overload”.

So, I’m still exploring and trying to find a goal setting/achievement method that will work consistently well for me.

How about you?

ADHDmomma
    Keymaster

I think goal setting is tough for just about everyone. What is often recommended for those with ADHD is to set just 1 or 2 goals, and then break them down into small incremental goals. Here’s more on that:

ADHD and Setting SMART Goals
    Never Enough Time: Following Through on Goals

Penny
    ADDconnect Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.