Gingko bilboa and ginseng

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Gingko bilboa and ginseng

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mooserapids 3 days, 3 hours ago.

• Author

kevndawn1
    Participant

Hi! I have been researching the use of gingko bilboa and ginseng together for ADD inattentive symptoms. Has anyone gone this route? What manufacturer did you end up finding that produces a vitamin with this combination? I am having difficulty finding a vendor locally and on-line.
    Thank you!

Mooserapids
    Participant

Dr Michael Lyons MD wrote a book called healing the hyperactive brain. In that book he talks a lot about the use of natural supplements to treat ADHD. He recommended the use of ginkgo biloba, Canadian ginseng and essential fatty acids. He recommended dosages in the book – I can’t recall and I lost my copy of the book. He didn’t recommend a product that combined all three. He spoke of buying all three seperately . They seem to be products that are commonly carried in better health food stores. He had used the combination with patients and found it to be helpful. Some people were able to come off the stimulant medication totally and others reduced the medication.

Mooserapids
    Participant

Dr Michael Lyons started the Center for Integrative Medicine in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.