Generic Adderall Aurobindo side effects, how to get a new prescription ASAP?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Generic Adderall Aurobindo side effects, how to get a new prescription ASAP?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Outsider 3 days, 3 hours ago.

• Author

belovely
    Participant

Long story short because I’m physically exhausted and have zero energy to even type this: I’ve been on Adderall for 2 years for chronic fatigue and multiple sleep disorders. I’ve always had the Teva manufactured brand and “due to a manufacturer shortage” per the pharmacist they were out of stock so I went to a different pharmacy and filled it and came home with Aurobindo manufactured pills. Day 1 adverse symptoms began, worst migraine I’ve ever had with full on body tension, feels like pulling of muscles in head neck, back and down legs with dozens of knots—never experienced any of this. N anti does nothing for fatigue, I’m exhausted, in pain and have no motivation. What can I do for the next 24 days in regard to the possibility of getting and filling a new prescription? I emailed my doctor but it often takes a few days for a response.

ppssp
    Participant

I think there is something up with these. I have never taken drugs, and my random drug screen came back positive for methamphetamine, not just adderall generic. I’ve been searching the web about this manufacturer. And yes, they were very different from Teva. I have been off of them for about 16 days, and it’s terrible dealing with ADD symptoms and coming off of this daily rx.

The manufacturer has been cited by the FDA recently for many issues.

I’ll try to keep you posted if I find anything.

AddSADinOhio
      Participant

Aurobindo Adderall is completely ineffective for me too. This is frustrating because I’ve been doing well for a few years with Teva Adderall 10mg 2x daily as needed. It seems like the pharmaceutical industry is unregulated/ unsafe when it comes to generic medication which is the only kind I can afford to treat my Add/ depression/ seasonal affective.

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

Call your prescribing doctor and explain the situation. See what can be done.

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Solomongrundy
    Participant

I get these side effects all the time! I’m still trying to figure it out but I’ve had a bit of success. I also get super dizzy like motion sick when my thoughts start racing.

1.i got one of those rice bags to heat in the microwave. I use it a lot! I’ll lay down with it and read/sudoku/focus on breathing or possibly sleep.

2. I try to do yoga everyday. It’s low key and easier to find motivation to do over going to the gym. Your body needs the circulation. It helps with both fatigue and muscle tension. Its more of an overtime thing but it also feels good in the moment.

3. It always gets worse when I’m not drinking enough. Also electrolytes do me good and I have to try and not overeat.

I hope this helps. It seems like the easiest thing for me since I also get fatigue everyday all day and those horrible splitting headaches. I wanna puke when it all hits me. Good luck!

mysteriousmarissa
      Participant

Great advice thank you!! Love the yoga…motivating I gotta get my butt out there !!!

mysteriousmarissa
    Participant

Wow. I have been having these exact symptoms and reactions and with lots of sweating. I went to get my yearly physical today but still have felt like a POS. I’ve been moody, depression has kept my emotions on high paranoia alert. It’s horrible with highs and lows like a mofo ! I played some old school 90s music in the AM to get some emotions out of me singing / blasting (Limp Bizkit N2gether Now) while remembering the lyrics to many of his old psycho crazy fun / funny songs that I normally can just shrug off, flow with it, and then play a bunch of other musicians to cool down like Dwight Yokam or Toby Keith. Anyways, I feel you on this about Aurbindo generic regular release. The fatigue and weird bone chest pains have been on and off. But, this is totally new to me. I don’t know this chest pain sh** and don’t have asthma. I’ve been working out running on the sandy beaches and electric biking with my partner. Even took the Ferrari out today since my babe went to get my the family “suv” Porsche cleaned and the dogs nails clipped lol. But seriously, I placed myself in high adrenal situations and enjoyed it but still the Aurobindo Adderall has been screwing with me more frequently. I still have about 25-30 pills left but it’s starting to bring out the worst in me. The side effects are stronger than anything. I think I’ll phone my very kind psychiatrist’s secretary tomorrow to see what she thinks I should and could do abut changing it up. I’ve been taking Adderall for over 3 years 30mg daily early in the AM and afternoon (only if needed). Also have generic Canax with is like eh, so-so. Also in regards to Adderall auobindo my “psoriasis” skin issues have been really bad lately and a ulcer inside the lip of my mouth. Sounds attractive to mentions that but I gotta keep it real here. Anyways your not alone and even though you posted this a while back, I hope you switched it up. Any recommendations, comments are welcomed too. Thanks again for sharing and reading my late night introverted optimistic fiery rant.

mysteriousmarissa
    Participant

Canax *Xanax* eek, ignore the misspellings. P.s. I usually would take the Teva orange (football shaped ones) 1-2 times daily 30mg. Those r way better. Can’t wait to be myself again and will not have the Aurobindo again. Should have known to call ahead for Teva to make sure it was in stock.

Ticksickchick
    Participant

This aurobindo is dangerous –i never felt such vasoconstriction in a life time of rx stimulant meds. It’s bound up my gut, chest pain tightness and migraines.

It was the only 20 mg IR generic that my pharmacist could order. TevaBarr is backordered though she called today because she found some Sandoz.

I googled aurobindo today because I know I can’t be the only one. It doesn’t feel as though any stimulant properties are working in my brain. It’s unfocused painful tightness then exhaustion when my body has expelled most of it. I made a joke with my shrink that I think it’s bad meth and now reading someone testing positive I want a test.

I have an Autonomic condition which flared badly on this generic.

I hope there is still a place to document adverse events to the FDA(?)

It feels like poison.

Angelacawein
    Participant

I had this happen to me over a month ago. I called my doctor, they said bring in the rest of my pills to them and would give me another script. I have been on Adderall XR for 8 years. I was taking brand for 5 and generic for the past 3. I received the Actavis/Teva they were blue pills with white beads. I have never felt so horrible, severe headache, felt like I was in a fog, severe tiredness, couldn’t drive. My daughter takes Adderall XR too. She was given the Actavis/Teva came home from school complaining that medication didn’t work and was so tired, headache. The second day got an email from teacher asking if something was wrong at home or if my daughter had forgotten to take her medication for the past two days. She was upset and wanted me to call her doctor to get the kind she has been taking for over a year. I called her doctor told her and she called in another prescription that day. It wasn’t a problem but insurance wouldn’t pay for it so paid out of pocket.

ss_travels618
    Participant

This just happened to me, I’ve gotten to the point where I’ve questioned myself, my eating/ sleeping habits and honestly, it’s just comforting to hear that other people are experiencing the same thing. I’M NOT THE ONE WHO’S LOSING MY MIND.
    Same boat as an earlier post- my regular pharmacy sources through Teva but its backordered.
    I waited two weeks before calling my doctor -but not before calling around to other pharmacies to ask if they had it in stock.
    Now I’m stuck with this crap – Aurobindo – and its absolute JUNK. I’m awake but totally DISTRACTED and struggling to maintain focus or accomplish any tasks at work. This is pharmaciudical abuse and must be reported to the FDA.

Tom CEO.
    Participant

Aurbino, Mallika crap, & corepharma are junk. I’m gonna stay on course here & talk only about aurbino.

I never ever post anything as I mostly read comments and either agree or disagree.

1st off this garbage brand aurbino must be eradicated. I’ve never picked up any lethargy, anger, mood swings as I do with this brand. Just picked it up 2 days ago and as someone who has been on this medicine for 6 years & am ontop of my shit at work. Started my company this year as I’ve been working on wall Street & am beyond happy and also packed to the gills with meetings, office work, watching over 27 employees & overseeing numerous projects plus personal life.

So to the point of this thread I just wanted to say aurbino MUST be either sued or reprimanded for their actions. I’ve never felt so edgy and disoriented in my life as if I drank a bottle of wine like I do when I take aurbino. It doesn’t help me with anything and puts my mind out in space. THANK God for my business partner who God knows what would happen. This brand made me puke my guts, lay in bed, and here I am anxious to answer my phone because of aurbino. I’m not saying more than the u.s government should be ashamed that were being fed aurbino poison. I tried the other brands I mentioned & they crap all over aurbino. Please someone do something because as consumers/patients who need our meds were being lied to & now we have to deal with it??? Mind you I paid out of pocket for this poison SMH. Please make a complaint to the FDA people. I feel like the FDA waits until someone is dead before they do anything.

Angelacawein
      Participant

Call your doctor and tell them what you are experiencing. They should be able to give you another prescription. Good luck

addgirl44
    Participant

Wow, I am SO happy I found this thread. Granted, it is the second thing that comes up when I Google “aurobindo adderall.” Yikes. I’ve been on 30mg ir for years now. Got this month’s prescription filled at CVS for the first time and noticed that the pills looked different. Didn’t think anything of it, but took one as usual and felt… nothing, except for an insane amount of teeth grinding and aggression and irritability and depression. It was so weird, and I thought I was going insane. Tried to stay the course and continue taking them, thinking maybe I was just in a bad mood, had too much caffeine, etc. But same thing for over a week. Finally checked the bottle and saw the manufacturer is Aurobindo. Had never even heard of them until now, and now I see other people’s horrendous experiences. I’m floored. I called CVS tonight, and they told me I had to have my doctor call them and explain what’s going on. Emailed my doc bc Kaiser doesn’t usually let me talk to him on the phone. He’s so slow to respond to emails, but I’m hoping this gets put to the top of his to do list cuz I’m having a hard time functioning. I checked my old prescriptions that were filled at Walgreens, and I always had Tevas. They were great, smooth, and effective for me. Thanks for sharing your experiences everyone, you saved me a lot of mental spiraling.

SpencerG
    Participant

Guys, PLEASE take the time to report this to the FDA. This is the second time I’ve been unfortunate enough to get Aurobindo generic, and something needs to be done.

Follow this link: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/index.cfm?action=reporting.home

Be thorough and contact your pharmacy to get the lot number for the final page. It should help.

sywi
    Participant

Thank you all for confirming what I already suspected, that my pharmacy now having only Aurobindo “Adderall” in stock (they used to carry Teva) is why after 10 years on generic Adderall, which was previously overall tolerable and effective at curbing the worst of my ADD to warrant staying on it for a decade, suddenly what Aurobindo is claiming is real generic Adderall is all pronounced, unbearable, untenable side effects and less-than-zero medicinal value.

If I wanted to alternately be constantly exhausted, so anxious I’m afraid to leave my apartment, randomly mentally though not physically homicidal, so oversensitive to stimuli that I can no longer shower, only bathe with a washrag and no-rinse shampoo because being pelted with water is suddenly unbearable, and depressed and less able to focus than taking nothing–oh, and newly plagued by severe lower abdominal pain, mouth ulcers, and a general sense of being poisoned, it’s perfect. But, given that I neither want nor can afford any of those things, because I not only have to function, I used to quite like showering regularly (esp. in August in the Midwest, but efficient personal hygiene is really an all-weather boon), and I find hours-long panic attacks nerve-wracking, exhaustion tiring, severe gut pain uncomfortable, and the sense of being systemically poisoned, disturbing. I also was happier when not compelled to randomly scream at my mother; because she’s my mom, 80, and already nervous that her circle of acquaintances has suddenly expanded to include a number of gynecological oncology surgeons arguing about whether she’s more apt to die of invasive abdominal surgery or an ovarian tumor growing like it’s on the pharmaceutical-grade amphetamine mix that I very seriously doubt I am, I’m really grateful to hear others’ accounts that so match mine, I feel I have id’d the culprit and overcame my new phone phobia to find a different pharmacy that stocks Teva instead.

Not that Teva hasn’t been caught by the FDA violating acceptable mff. procedures for its drugs bound for the US, but Aurobindo has managed to collect 11 FDA reports of violations in 3 years, some of them addressing problems caught earlier and unfixed.

FDA regulation of offshore drug-mff. plants is so spotty that US. drug mff. are outsourcing generic production to such plants just because they’re “unburdened by regulatory inspections.” Still, a single inspection of one Aurobindo plant in May 2019 found unignorable issues like using known carcinogens as binding agents at about 4 times the acceptable levels in life-critical cardiac medications, the presence of rodents, insects, visible dirt, rust, and 5 buckets of water from leaking air conditioners sitting in plain view in the manufacturing areas, safety technicians not trained for their jobs, and obviously faked data representing the amount of active ingredients at much higher levels than the products actually included when tested by FDA inspectors. And supposed capsules of drugs shipped to the U.S. totally empty. The actual report is heavily redacted, but understandable. URL given below.

Notably, the conclusion reached by the FDA in its folo-up letter to Aurobindo in June, AFTER AB was given time to address the issues noted in May, was that Aurobindo’s 3 main plants are not capable of meeting basic safety standards for drug manufacturing, and that there’s been a notable absence of anything being done to make them so. (Direct quote: “These repeated failures at multiple sites demonstrate that [Aurobindo’s] management oversight and control over the manufacture of drugs are [still] inadequate.”) The full text of the june folo-up letter from the FDA to Aurobindo is here: https://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/warning-letters/aurobindo-pharma-limited-577033-06202019

Aurobindo’s response to media inquiries about how its stock/price/revenues would be affected by the FDA letters were rosily optimistic: It literally said that the FDA warnings would not affect its revenue stream at all (the FDA fell far short of closing the plants), and its recent acquisition of the mff rights to a huge number of drugs formerly made by, or in the pipeline of, Novartis, still leaves it positioned to become the second-largest producer of generics for the US market. I’m glad to report that its stock price was and remains dinged, at least.

Actual FDA report on one Aurobindo plant inspected in May 2019 (heavily redacted and requires attention to the implications of what was observed; also noteworthy that the plant is still pumping out drugs for the US market):
    https://www.fda.gov/media/127827/download

Examples culled from the FDA report:
    https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufacturing/fda-hammers-yet-another-aurobindo-plant-for-flawed-data-integrity

Ask before you fill your scrip who the mff. is for what you’ll be given. If the answer is “Aurobindo,” take your scrip elsewhere; call around to local pharmacies and find one that has what you’re prescribed mff’d by pretty much anyone else. (I’ve personally had OK results from Teva, a common supplier.) If you just submitted a scrip, don’t know who the mff. is, ask, and if it’s Aurobindo and they offer no other options, take your scrip back from that pharmacy and get it filled elsewhere, as noted; you can probably get it electronically transferred to another pharmacy, though I’m not positive about that bit re: meds scheduled as tightly as Adderall. I just got my physical scrip back from the CVS and plan to take it Walgreen’s, which I called and which thankfully has my 15 mg. pills made by Teva. If they already filled it, I’m pretty sure that as long as you haven’t picked it up and/or taken it out of the pharmacy, you can get them to put the pills back and, if Aurobindo is all they have, and they won’t order your dose made by somebody slightly more reputable, still retrieve your prescription, or transfer it. Don’t accept medication that was mff. by Aurobindo. Or at least not their “mixed amphetamine salts, i.e. generic Adderall. (Who the mff. is, is in tiny print on the bottle. Hard to spot but it’s there. Or just ask the pharmacist.) It is in my opinion both medically useless and dangerous. If you simply can’t find a pharmacy that can fill your scrip with pills made by other than Aurobindo (seems unlikely, but just in case), contact your prescribing doctor and try to get her to give you a scrip marked “DAW,” assuming your insurance will cover non-generics. Or if you can afford to, bite the bullet and pay OOP. If your insurance doesn’t cover non-generics & you can’t afford to buy the, see if you can get the same total amount of medication using, say, in my case, 3 10-mg. tablets per day rather 2 15-mgs. For some reason, my CVS’s 10-mg tabs are mff’d by a couple of suppliers that aren’t Aurobindo. It’s just the 15s that they offer no other choice for. Maybe Aurobindo has more market dominance in 15-mg. tablets? Anyway, I didn’t need to go through the whole rigmarole of getting hold of my p-doc and explaining the problem and getting a new scrip, because while it’s refill time, I’m not out of the 15 mgs–I haven’t been taking much, because too nasty–so I’m not going through acute withdrawal, I can just take my scrip to Walgreens tomorrow.

bbky
    Participant

My pharmacy switched my script about 7-8 months ago & my mental & physical well-being has plummeted to the point I feel suicidal 80% of the time, which has never been the case. ZERO energy, total inability to focus, memory riddled with holes, my body feels so heavy & my head feels like it’s filled with concrete plunged into a mud pit. It took me months to make the connection to the switch in my adderall meds. Asking my Dr about it, she said some genetics are just junk, “might as well be licking a salt block” were her words. She recommended talking to my pharmacist about the different meds I’ve had. I found an old bottle from a yr ago (b/c I can no longer clean up the clutter) & it was the med that worked for me: round orange 20mg, manufactured by Aurobindo. The ones I’m currently taking that do next to nothing are oval peach 20mg by Zydus.
    I was planning on speaking to my pharmacist but now after reading what so many have had to say about Aurobindo, I’m feeling hesitant. But those meds did work, and the Zydus doesn’t.
    I’m at such a loss here, and I’m on the edge;
    I feel like if I don’t find something to help me soon, it’s gonna be too late.

JVees
    Participant

I’m going to ask my doctor to write Sandoz only, or perhaps Sandoz or Teva only on my prescription. That will force the pharmacy to stop playing their stupid, ‘it’s all the same, she will take what we give her crap with me.

They should all be forced to read “Bottle of Lies”. I’m halfway through it, and it confirms my worst suspicions, while informing me of even more horrifying crimes and corruptiono than I ever imagined.

Angelacawein
      Participant

I have dealt with this since insurance wouldn’t cover brand anymore. I have to get my two kids and myself Adderall every month. The doctor can write which manufacture works best on script but they sometimes forget to. What you can do to make sure that you get the right kind. Tell the pharmacy what works for you. They will put it in your profile and only fill your medication with that manufacture. I have done that for myself and my kids. We can only take Impax Generics. We all got Teva manufacture one month and it was horrible. I told our doctors, the pharmacy and filed a commplaint with company and FDA.

JVees
      Participant

I cannot find Sandoz or even Teva now to save my life! Meanwhile, I cannot find a description of Northstar to save my life, either. Can anyone post a photo or description of that pill? 20 mg instant release. Thanks!

tjl1
    Participant

Wow I can’t believe I found this thread andnso recent as I thought surely I was going crazy. I normally pick up my script from one pharmacy but after a new insurance I switched to my “preferred” pharmacy. I called my doctor the first day of taking this explaining that this didn’t feel right and what can be done… I was told to wait until next month and to back to the pharmacy I usually fill at.

Talk about a terrible month in which I felt no motivation, tired, sluggish, couldn’t remember a literal thing to save my life and extremely off kilter. I just finally got my new month and my “old generic” back – Teva. However I still don’t think this is right either! Doc insisted that I go back to Teva and increase dosage – but I’m feeling like I need something diff all together.

Outsider
    Participant

If another generic form of Adderall XR worked for you ask your prescriber to specify that brand and mark no substitutions. As long as it is a generic equivalent, the insurance will cover it and your pharmacy will have to order it (usually will take 1-3 days). The no substitution box is not just for branded drugs. No explanation necessary to the pharmacist just make them comply to the no substitution mark on the prescription.
    Brand to brand variation exists and most forms of Adderall will give a positive for amphetamines in a reliable drug screen.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.