Finding a great Child Psychiatrist

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Finding a great Child Psychiatrist

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eric Swanson 1 month ago.

• Author

asutton44
    Participant

I live in the Madison, WI area and my son is on his 3rd Psychiatrist. I just don’t think any of them get all the underlying issues that many of these children deal with. The stimulants work slightly and cause side effects (low appetite, jittery), he is tired all the time, and he really has trouble with shutting down at school due to feeling overwhelmed. Does anyone have any great child psych recommendations for my 14 year old son? I would be willing to drive or fly him anywhere for a great doctor. Thanks so much!

ADHDmomma
    Keymaster

Try looking in the ADDitude Directory here: http://directory.additudemag.com/

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Eric Swanson
    Participant

If you are tired of the same same with Doctors primarily interested in writing scripts and verifying that you are not feeling like you want to hurt yourself or others . Then I have someone you need to look into. I have boarderline severe auditory ADHD. I have been without drugs since April 1st. And been doing Brain Training since May 1st. I have a ways to go and it is a process.

Peak Brain Institute, Andrew Hill.
    424-603-4950

You can have a telephone conversation about his process. He offices out of California, but also goes to his St Louis Missouri office a few times a month.

I am completely sold and in for the long term. You need to purchase the equipment in order to do in home training.

Andrew used to have ADHD. That is no small statement. Ask him about it. Drugs temporarily address symptoms and we deal with the highs and lows, the engaged/ disenged times. It’s worth a try. Call him

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.