Filing

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      LittleGidget
      Participant

I struggle with filing and putting papers away. I lay them somewhere thinking I will but them in file later and never do. There are papers stacked everywhere and I have large plastic storage bins full of papers and mail.
      Twice in the post few months I have needed some extremely import documents and haven’t been able to locate them.
      I am 50 and this has been a life long struggle. It is affecting my finances and my marriage (my husband hit into huge fight about not being able to find aanything).

Tomhurting
      Participant

Me too, I actually went a couple years without even opening my mail. Now I have at least opened the important stuff and filed the rest unopened into manila envelopes.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Organizational experts will tell you that you should never put something down in a temporary place but go straight to filing it — handle it once. Easier said than done, I know, but a good strategy to start working on.

Dear Organizing Coach: How Can I Keep On Top of All These Piles?

Dear Organizing Coach: Should I Just Purge All of This Paper?

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.