Fidgets and Sensory Products

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child Fidgets and Sensory Products

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  anomalocaris 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

rmtenboer
    Participant

What types of textures and fidgets have you found to be the most helpful. We make a line of custom products, and I am looking for ideas for different textures we can use in our fidget products.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  ADHDmomma.

ADHDmomma
    Keymaster

Rubbing his fingers on Velcro helped my son when he was elementary age.

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

PocoPer
    Participant

I agree with velcro. Also, since many fidget products are most helpful in school or even work, ones that allow for interaction without any noise are great. Think about items that a child/adult can push, pull, click (without the click) and use without others noticing. Think small too! Something that can fit in a pocket without huge bulges, something that can fit in a small hand to a larger hand without it being noticed…

Hope this helps!

Katy_G
    Participant

I use a fidget cube. It has different available actions (pressing buttons, rolling balls, etc) that are really flexible. And it fits in a coat pocket.

anomalocaris
    Participant

My best fidgets ever were short (2/12 inches or so) strings of assorted stone beads, including some smooth and some natural shapes/textures. Unfortunately, I could never find anything durable enough to prevent them from wearing out, so eventually I switched to just single rocks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.