Female educators with ADHD/ADD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Female educators with ADHD/ADD

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi. My name is Mary. I have been teaching for 14 years and I struggle every day with even the simplest parts of my job. I am researching females educators diagnosed with ADHD/ADD as adults. If you are interested in sharing your experiences with me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Caito44
      Participant

I am the same I have been doing this job for 10 years but the amount of organisation required has meant I have had to work casually or not on a class. I just can’t keep up!

MeganCr
      Participant

Hi. I have been teaching for about 15 years. I have always struggled because of how distracting everything is and how my time feels so splintered. Just as I get focused on one thing it’s time to switch gears. My processing is so zapped by the end of the day that I find it hard to focus on grading and paperwork. I have several times tried to do other jobs but they didn’t pay as well – they were easier but didn’t pay well. I could talk for hours on this topic.

mrsdokk
      Participant

This year I’ve started working as an elementary school librarian. I find that I can keep it together at school. I am organized becuase in the library I don’t have to make the choice of where things go. Everything has a home that is easy for me to find and already established. I don’t have to make any big choices about prioritizing tasks becuase it’s done for me by the class schedule. However, it doens’t follow me home. By the end of the day I am spent. The beautiful distractions are gone and I’ve got to choose what I’m making my family for dinner, find time to clean my house, and do the adulting required to run a household.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.