Feet cold and blue. Side effect of Adderall

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Feet cold and blue. Side effect of Adderall

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tim1408 1 month ago.

• Author

Hey fellow strugglers. I’ve been taking Addetall XR for about a year now. Recently I’ve noticed my toes/feet being discolored and cold. I went to the doctor and she’s very concerned that I have vascular problems. I work in the prosthetic industry so this scares me to death. I take several medications but right off the bat I thought about the effects of Adderall and researched it. Sure enough “construction of the blood vessels” is listed.

Has anyone else dealt with this? She has me scheduled for bilateral ultra sounds to check blood blow. Although I need the medicine, I need my legs more. I’m not sure if the Adderal is intensifying an underlying problem or causing one.

Any suggestions?

JBoom
    Participant

Yes, vasoconstriction is a known side effect of amphetamines. I’m a bit puzzled that you’ve already talked with your doctor about it, yet still need to come ask a bunch of amateurs about it. Your doctor should do more than express concern, she should provide a treatment plan. Is there something I’m missing about this situation? Given that it’s a known side effect risk, there must be strategies to deal with it in some way or another.

Forgive me but I thought this was a discussion board. My doctor ordered test but there was no mention of what could be causing it. I did some research myself, which is why I asked if anyone had been through this particular issue. I’d appreciate replies that are helpful, not sarcastic. Have a great day.

JBoom
      Participant

Sorry if you didn’t like my response, but no sarcasm was intended. Inflection doesn’t translate well in writing.

My lack of acknowledging that my doctor didn’t discuss the connection between Adderall and my symptoms left room for people to think otherwise. I plan to discuss this with her as soon as the results of the test are in. I was wondering if anyone else had experience with this and what route they were directed to take.
    I am curious if the medicine is bringing out an underlying problem I have, causing a problem or if it’s throwing false alarms to something that’s not an issue. I guess I’ll find out in about 3 hours.

Tim1408
    Participant

I take dexadrine and and had noticed the same thing. since I’ve started taking cbd oil I don’t have the same problems

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.