Feeling safe with one parent?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Feeling safe with one parent?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      pe77ni
      Participant

Hello 👋

I just want to tell you that this is the best way for me to get knowledge about my ADD. Here in Sweden we are far behind you about this.

I have one question. 😊 I have three boys every other week, and when the they come home there is always fights between my two youngest. This year they will turn 14 and 9. But when they are at there fathers home, there is almost nothing they fight about.
      I have been told that it’s because they feel more safe with me. Is that possible?
      The oldest is turning 17 in the end of the year. Both he and the middle one have been diagnosed with ADD. I have a strong feeling that my youngest have ADHD. He is nothing like the other one.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

Keep up the good work you are doing on ADDITUDE! 😃👍🏻

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

It’s absolutely possible that they feel more safe and comfortable to be who they really are with you, even if that includes sibling fighting. Knowing it’s because they’re more comfortable to be themselves with you doesn’t make the fighting any easier to tolerate, though. I’d try sitting them down and asking why they fight so much and what ideas they have to make it better.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.