Experience with Wellbutrin

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Experience with Wellbutrin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      MWEAVER74
      Participant

I have been on Wellbutrin XL for 4 months. Have lost what little focus and ability to manage symptoms that I had earlier. Please share experiences with Strattera.

ADHDLaura
      Participant

I am following your post for my education. I am just re-starting my journey on medication. Yesterday my psychologist confirmed the Wellbutrin SR formula is better for ADHD than the XL. This explains why I was fine on the SR and flipped out on the XL in my attempts to get my brain chemistry dialed in last summer. You may want to consider Wellbutrin SR formula before making the full switch to Strattera. Today I will start the Bupropion HCL SR 100 MG Twice a day (with breakfast and lunch — spaced out a minimum 5 hours). Plus I take 20mg of Duloxetine at night to sleep and deal with a spinal nerve root impingement injury — that ultimately helped me get diagnosed with ADHD. Hope to learn more as time goes on! Good luck with your journey.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Here’s some information about Straterra and some user reviews:

Strattera

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

purplefuzz
      Participant

Hi! When I was on it, I just remember being super emotional during that time. I struggle with emotions anyways so that was a hard no go for me. That’s the only thing I remember about it.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.