EPIPHANY – I JUST NOW REALIZED THAT I AM THRILLED TO LEAVE A PHONE MESSAGE

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults EPIPHANY – I JUST NOW REALIZED THAT I AM THRILLED TO LEAVE A PHONE MESSAGE

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Getittogethergirl 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

DeeCook
    Participant

So, I am wondering how many other Adult ADHD-ers take procrastination to the next level. And….why do we do this?

Since my official ADHD diagnosis a few months ago, I have been paying closer attention to some of my annoying habits to see if they are a result of ADHD. Then, with awareness, i feel that this is an opportunity to try to effect a change in this behaviour.
    One such opportunity presented itself today….I finally called family dentist to schedule an appointment to check out a small issue for one of my husbands teeth. My call went to Voicemail. And I realized that I was euphoric! I got to postpone making any decision about when to schedule the appointment. As well, I am also able to post-pone explaining to the office manager why my husband has not yet called to schedule his dental cleaning. He is not a procrastinator but has sensitivity and doesn’t live his teeth touched. I am the one who is always reminded that he is overdue for cleaning; therefore, I don’t want to address this issue.

Upon reflecting upon this, I concluded that most ‘normal spectrum’ people are probably disappointed when this happens.
    Now, I am wondering if this is typical to other adult ADHD’s.

I would love to hear about how others handle their procrastination issues.

Getittogethergirl
    Participant

I pretty much pray for voicemails. Love them. I think this stems from adhd and social anxiety. My meds have definitely helped me with procrastination and even with the opposite where I impulsively jump all in to get things over with.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.