Dr office drug screening now they are saying I'm not taking it

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Dr office drug screening now they are saying I'm not taking it

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gizmo_08 9 minutes ago.

• Author

Gizmo_08
    Participant

Has anyone had their Dr office drug screen them while taking Concerta? My Dr office started a new policy where they are drug testing to see if your taking your medications if they are a controlled substance, but they claim I’m not taking my Concerta. They keep saying that it should of came up on the drug screen as amphetamine but it has not come up and I am taking my medication. Is there anything I can do about this? I don’t think it is fair that I am being ridiculed for not having a false positive for amphetamines when in fact Concerta is not an amphetamine.

ryan7979
    Participant

If you tested positive for any schedule 1 drug they can take you off the medication as well.

Gizmo_08
      Participant

I know that but they haven’t took me off the medication due to testing positive for a schedule 1. They are saying I am not taking my medication because I have am not testing my positive for amphetamines on a drug screen. I am take my my medication but they insisting I’m not taking them.

AutumnDraidean
    Participant

Maybe the latest script is garbage. Where was it manufactured, can you bring them the bottle and they’ll take a pill and send it off to be analysed?

Gizmo_08
    Participant

Actually I am brand name Concerta, but either way it is not an amphetamine but may or may not cause a false positive. My insurance requires an authorization for me to get the med and the original drug screen came up negative for amphetamine. The Dr office finally gave me the results of my drug screen that was sent to LabCorp it shown up negative for Concerta(apparently they have a drug screen just for the medication at LabCorp), my blood work came back positive for it though it’s concentration was low. So I’m guessing they need to increase my dosage & may possibly be why the urine screen was negative at LabCorp. Either way I’m tired of jumping though hoops to get my medication due to their sudden policy change requiring a drug screen every time I come into the office. I do understand that they are trying to combat the ongoing drug problems in this very rual area, but enough is enough every time is a bit much and they need to educate themselves some more about stimulant medications because they clearly do not know the difference between amphetamine & methylphenidate.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.