Do Threads Disappear When You Make Modifications?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums How to Use the ADDitude Forums Do Threads Disappear When You Make Modifications?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Penny Williams 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Frique67
    Participant

I posted my first thread, but then re-thought the title and changed “Ritalin” to the more accurate “methylphenidate,” and my thread disappeared. Is that normal behavior in these forums?
    Thanks in advance!

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

Please try posting again.

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Anonymous

My thread disappeared as well for modifying. What can I do?

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

This could be happening because the modification you make gets caught in the spam filter. I just approved several posts from over the weekend. See if yours is up again now.

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Anonymous

How do you delete a post?

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

In the grey bar with the date and time just above the comment there’s a link for “delete” or “trash.”

Penny

Dizzy
    Participant

Hi Penny,

I am also having issues with posts disappearing after an attempt to edit. Usually,
    it is immediately after posting a comment, and I notice an obvious misspelling. I
    hit the “edit” and make the change, and when I hit Submit it just disappears
    altogether.

Tried going back later and re-posting the same comment, and got a red bar and message
    above the text box that said I was duplicating an already submitted post. (I always save
    a copy before submitting a comment, and fortunately it does save me from re-typing
    a lengthy comment.)

Latest time was today, in this thread: Please help – judgment and decision-making at work

Any ideas or suggestions? Read the site rules carefully, and don’t believe I’ve
    said anything inappropriate..;)

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Looks like the spam filter snagged it after you made a change. It has been approved and published now.

Penny

mes1019
    Participant

Hello!

This just happened to me as well, and it wouldn’t let me re-post for the same duplicate post reasons.

My post was titled something like “Issues with Concerta medication for the first time in over a decade” I believe.

Thank you!

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

The filter often flags posts that name medications. If your post disappears, it will be approved as soon as a moderator sees it and approves it.

Penny

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.