Do I have ADHD or GAD?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      noattention
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m just trying to determine if I have ADHD. I was diagnosed with GAD 10 years ago after a traumatic time but these worry symptoms have disappeared over the years. I have trouble concentrating, my mind races at high speed and I day dream a lot. I find it hard to receive and interpret instructions. I always feel like everything is unorganised at work and home. I’m intelligent but seem unintelligent at times due to my struggle to concentrate. I do occasionally have episodes where I’ll act silly and hyperactive but not all the time. I can’t watch TV series cause it’s too boring. I always switch between hobbies and interests but struggle to complete them. I did have high anxiety 10 years ago but that seems to have gone now. When I was a kid at school I lacked concentration and under achieved but wasn’t really hyperactive. I had episodes of hyperactivity at school but was never a trouble maker. I used to tap the desk a lot which frustrated the teachers. Just looking for an explanation to my racing mind at lack of concentration. Thanks.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

The only way to know what diagnosis is right is to seek a professional evaluation.

Who Should Evaluate Me for Adult ADHD?

You can do a self-test online, like this one, to see if you may be on the right track:

[Self-Test] Could You Have Adult ADHD / ADD?

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.