Do i have adhd?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Do i have adhd?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ADHDmomma 5 months ago.

• Author

jss123
    Participant

As a child I would keep running, playing, jumping and banging into walls or keep on talking that the other person got tired. Didn’t do too well in school. I enjoyed maths but not mental maths or calculations kept on making the same silly mistakes again and again and never completed my assignments on time. Exams were the worst sometimes when I didn’t want to give a exam I would just do the questions I found interesting and either leave the rest or mark any of the options. I fidget a lot to with my hair and chew on my fingers. I always skip to the interesting problems and then do the rest. My concentration isn’t to good. Sounds are the most distracting.
    Just want to know if i have adhd or am i just lazy?

SOWILI
    Participant

Though I am no professional, what you described sounds like normal child behavior to me. Running, playing, and jumping are all things most kids do when they’re young. You also explained that you “didn’t do most of your work or didn’t like to”, to me that sounds like you weren’t interested in learning which isn’t out of the ordinary for most children. Before I was diagnosed, my teachers used to get really frustrated with me because I would walk around the classroom, never finish my work, and I was always daydreaming. I wouldn’t say you were lazy or that you had ADHD. I think you just didn’t have activities and teachers that were boring to you, so you didn’t want to pay attention.
    But like I said, I’m no professional. If you’re really curious you can always go check with a doctor.

JWK
    Participant

You sound like you could have, I say because I do have it and can totally relate to what youre saying. Try one or two or all of the self tests on here…you may find a lot of things start to add up! Also subscribe to the Jessica McCabe youtube channel How To ADHD. I found these things life changing for me…Organised Housewife is also and excellent program – totally worth the value. I took a self test on here or somewhere else and got 100% LOL!! Took a huge load off my negative self talk because if you have ADHD guaranteed you work harder than those who don’t, but somehow still get way less done. I am not a professional but I have first hand experience, and have managed to marry and given birth to a whole troop of ADHD’ers.

ADHDmomma
    Keymaster

This online self-test can help you know if an ADHD diagnosis is a possibility you might want to pursue:

[Self-Test] Could You Have Adult ADHD / ADD?

You can print the test results and take them to your doctor to discuss it further.

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Trainer on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.