Diminishing Impact of Vyvance/Recovering Alcoholic

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Diminishing Impact of Vyvance/Recovering Alcoholic

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Syndicki
      Participant

Hi there – I have been taking Vyvance for about 6 years. I’m on a 70mg dosage. I also take 450 Wellburtin for anxiety/depression.

Vyvance has helped me so much but I find now that I experience a lull in the early afternoon and I’m wondering if people have any advice on any boosters that might be if help. I take a lot of practical steps already in terms of diet exercise but would love to hear about other people’s experiences with other medications/vitamins/natural alternatives.

Probably worth noting that I am an alcoholic and have been sober for nearly 4 years, so if I were to start some other medication I would not like to down the route of taking another controlled substance/stimulant.

Thanks

stinna
      Participant

I have used Lions mane – a medicinal (safe) mushroom extract. Great for cognition. Haven’t tried it after starting Vyvanse.
      Also I take a 30 min nap in the afternoons.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Here are some supplement recommendations from ADDitude readers too:

Fish Oil & Beyond: Our Readers’ Most Popular Supplements for ADHD

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.