‘Different’ -How exactly? An unusual view of what ‘They don’t understand’

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums Research Studies Seeking Participants ‘Different’ -How exactly? An unusual view of what ‘They don’t understand’

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  sersitus 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

sersitus
    Participant

I created a short video presentation containing an animation that shows an a-typical way of thinking and ‘sensing’. The presentation demonstrates, on an example (spectrum of autism), how it can be used to understand logical connections. I need to know what proportions of non-neuro-typical people can relate to it. Some of what it can represent or model:
     feeling at limits of capacity, which involves high effort, ‘trying hard’, ‘working too hard’, thrown into agitated and exhausted states, or simply feeling altogether ‘pushed too far’, over-extended, at risk of crashing.
     vegetative difficulties such as sleep, digestion, eating, breathing, hydration, brain auto-regulation, nutritional & metabolic functions, energy, most of these often called ‘somatic’ symptoms.
     high intensity reactions, whatever thriggers the thresholds.
     being sensitive to subtle changes that normal people do not apprehend, ‘seeing’ where ‘things come from’ (or where ‘you’re coming from’), sensing ‘where all this is going’, or simply what wildlife would notice but societal humans would not.
    This a-typical cognitive mode has not previously been described and helps understand ‘how things work’ and how to not push too far. It is a ‘way of looking at things’, moving and geometric (an animated geometry that can be expressed in gestures). It is not patterned or adaptive, does not fragment self-world or us-them, does not rely on socio-emotional explanations, or problem solving, targeting, and valuations. I suspect that this is why neuro-typical frameworks cannot understand it.
    If you are interested, please visit the YouTube video (7:20 mn):
    https://youtu.be/5hiQ28M-HIE

Leave comments or questions or likes. If there is feedback that this resonates with some people, I may organise a discussion by Zoom to explore how this cognitive mode manifests in various people, and some implications.

Thank you in advance.
    dr Marika Bouchon, Ph.D., Topologic Ecology of Health
    Sunshine Coast, QLD

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.