depression and anxiety What about Lexapro.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Health & Nutrition depression and anxiety What about Lexapro.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Penny Williams 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

mrbreezeet1
    Participant

I tried Wellbutrin for about 6 weeks, and It didn’t do a darn thing.
    Do you think maybe Lexapro might help, even when Wellbutrin did not.
    I seem to have always had depression in the winter, but here it is June already, and I can’t seem to shake it. I seem to have a Lot of depression and anxiety. I am always saying things like “maybe I’ll get lucky and die” A lot of it is where I am living too, The place is really not working out for me, I have a Bunch of woodworking tools, But the Garage turned out to be Way too small. There is a Basement too, But the steps are hard to get down. In other words, it’s just not inviting. The Land lady was constantly driving me crazy too. I finely told her I wanted left the hell alone.
    And that I have NEVER had a landlord constantly bothering me with emails and Phone calls like she Is, and that I considered it an Invasion pf Privacy, and I WANTED IT TO STOP!
    Also The Neighbors don’t like me, I can just feel the Hate, and they make me uncomfortable.
    Then I said on Facebook I hated it here, another Know it All Family member said “well Move”
    Well, It;s just not that easy.
    Or you Might say, Well Move Then. It’s not that easy. 1st off, I need a Place that will take A HUD voucher.
    And I need to save more money.
    Also, Oil and gas industry is big here now, and most of the suitable places are all Hogged up, and prices all raised up.
    Also, I have had my Cat for 11 years, and a lot of places don’t want to allow a pet.
    But in the meantime, I still have all this depression and anxiety, that is not helping matters. I seem to have lost interest in things I used to once enjoy.
    Do you think Lexapro might work better for me.
    Oh, when I write on Facebook, People are always telling me “Be Happy” and “Count your blessings”
    I’m sick of hearing that. It’s Not like I don’t know things could be way worse. I told them, This is surely not a picnic for me.
    Then My cousin on facebook, I guess she thinks she’s cute, told me to “Smoke a Joint” I don’t like the way weed makes me feel, it gives me Anxiety. That is the last thing I need, is MORE ANXIETY!
    I do look at all the poor homeless people in California, Las Angeles, and San Francisco. And people that are blind and in wheelchairs, I do know things could be way worse.
    But people seem to think this is something I can just turn on and off.
    As it is, I can’t wait to take my sleeping pills and go to bed and then the next Day, I am staying in bed till 3:00 PM if not later. I hate to leave the house, I don’t take a shower like I should at all, I am not eating right, I can barley drag myself to the store or the doctor.
    So anyways, do you think Lexapro might work better than Wellbutrin?

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

The only way to know if Lexapro is an option for you and if it’s a good next step is to talk with your prescribing doctor about your experience.

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

mrbreezeet1
    Participant

They don’t know what the heck they are doing either.
    Thanks for your time.

mrbreezeet1
    Participant

No one has any personal experience with Lexapro verus Wellbutrin?
    (Didn’t mean to sound rude Penny, just VERY UNHAPPY these days)

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

If you don’t feel like your clinician is listening to you, it’s time to find a new one. The thing is, other people here are likely on that combination but their experience doesn’t translate to anyone else because these types of medications affect everyone differently.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Skypark962
    Participant

I definitely felt the strength of lexapro & maybe it will help you. Only one way to find out. I will tell you, I did well on Wellbutrin XR—but it took months. It’s the most prescribed SSRI–mostly due, I think to it’s lack of side effects. If you think this is too much TMI, but it’s my experience—It affected delayed orgasms (not just in me, but my husband took it & experienced it too) AND my intestines just never “woke up” after coffee like normal. Maybe something to do with 90% of your serotonin being in your gut.

I’m SORRY YOU’RE FEELING THIS WAY…..depression and anxiety & on top of that your living situation would stress anyone out. I lived in an apt once, where the manager was OBSESSED with helping this handicapped guy—I’d get all these phone calls about my bf’s dog off a leash when we were just walking to each others apartments. She even knocked on my door to accuse me of hitting his car bc I had a dent on one side of my bumper. I had to wait for the cops to confirm, “no, that is not from hitting his car–that’d be imposssible.” 33-year old Diane (me), would DEF not put up with that treatment nowadays!
    I know it’s difficult to find another place to live, but I think you’ll feel better, if you at least start looking in that direction……nobody does well with a landlord breathing down their neck like that—I call that mental illness for SURE!

mrbreezeet1
    Participant

Okay thanks now I’m not worried about sex I’m not with anybody right now anyhow 63 years old and having gone through chemotherapy doesn’t work too well in that department anyways . Now the landlady has been leaving me alone but that makes me uncomfortable when it causes worried there because now I haven’t heard nothing from her and I almost feel a little bit afraid to even call her or email her if I have to if something’s wrong or something you know it’s just a bad situation I want to get out of here. Since my colon surgery I’m not real regular anyway so I’m used to that. I’ll try to to drag myself one of these days thanks for your thoughts that’s encouraging though.

mrbreezeet1
    Participant

I had to wait for the cops to confirm, “no, that is not from hitting his car–that’d be impossible.” 33-year old Diane (me), would DEF not put up with that treatment nowadays!
    She sounds like a piece of work too. Wow! You’re 33 Now?
    I would LOVE to still be 33. I was a Lot happier back then.
    I commented today on Facebook, Again with the
    “Be Happy” and “Count your blessings”
    I get sick of hearing that. Again, like I said, This is not something I am doing on purpose.
    I read this about Wellbutrin Verses Lexapro.
    I have read on my own that Wellbutrin is a different class (what ever that means exactly?)
    It Said,
    “Lexapro and Wellbutrin belong to different drug classes. Lexapro is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) and Wellbutrin is an aminoketone.”
    I guess they work differently.

mrbreezeet1
    Participant

My goofy landlady would do stuff like,
    (Ok this was before I moved here, I was still at the old place)
    But I had gone to the doctors, and went to Walmart to fill my Prescriptions, and had done some shopping. Well you know how BIG those walmart stores are. Cat food at one of the store, and Butter clean at the other end of the store.
    Well I was EXHAUSTED. Well I knew how she was, So I emailed and told her I had a Long Day, and was EXHAUSTED, and HAD to lie down for a while. (So She wouldn’t be bothering me)
    Would you believe she had the nerve to ring my phone anyhow.
    I was almost drifted off to sleep.
    And when I didn’t answer my landline, Had the Nerve to ring My cell Phone. I think I thought it was someone else (Important) so I answered it. Well Here it was That PITA! She knows It’s a Tracfone too, and that I like to limit my time spent on it, as basically as you probably know, You pay by the minuet. But She just kept Talking and Talking and Talking.
    So then If I’d interject, She’s Yell all Frustrated, LET ME TALK!
    So another time, (I was still at the old place) I was supposed to PayPal some money, I said “Whats your Paypal address” “You don’t need it she says. I didn’t want to get into a whole big thing, So I found her name on paypal and was able to send it that way.
    Well It didn’t go through for some reason. So she emailed and told me how to get my money back from Pay pal.
    Well I guess I didn’t do it fast enough,
    She emails me with “List” in the subject line.
    1, Write paypal, request refund.
    2, Send me check For $XXX.00
    3, Some other order, I forget,
    Then she goes “AS INSTRUCTED”
    (WHO IN THE DAMN HELL DOES she think she is, “AS INSTRUCTED” ? I didn’t know a Landlord was supposed to be My Boss )
    Then another time, I was supposed to transfer the electric into My Name, I asked Her for the Electric company Account number, again, “You don’t need it” Well she gave it to me, I transferred the account,
    2 weeks or so Later, I get a Smart Ass e mail, “If you don’t transfer this Electric By XXX date, IM GOING TO HAVE IT SHUT OFF”
    So can you guess, here she had gave me the account number to her other property. Then she goes Oh Ha Ha Ha, sorry about that.
    I’ve got myself SO SICK inside right now, I never should have started talking about this. Thanks for reading.
    I was going to post more of what she did, but I’ve got myself too sick right now.
    I am just so sick over everything, I often wish I would just pass away.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.