daily routine help

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      minas mom
      Participant

I have a 7 year old girl and I have tried charts/ planners/ daily schedules and I am guilty of not being consistent with rewards or following the routine due to crazy hectic life. I have my daughter every other week, she has recently been put on meds and I’m hoping her dad follows through. With the current home schooling at home I have struggled with my daughter as I work full time and have to push school in like 2 hours. This week my mom told me she would watch my daughter, so I’m hoping she will be able to get back on routine. I work at 7 in the morning and usually done around 3. Any tips or suggestions for a good routine chart/chore chart that she can have at all time. I have bought visual charts in the past but nothing ever seems to go in order.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Most of that stuff didn’t work for my son either. What did work was a goal chart. We had only one or two goals at a time. He earned one to three stars a day for how well he met the goal throughout the day. When he had a certain number of stars, he got a reward (for us around ages 8-10 it was a lego set).

For routine, keep it simple and post it for your daughter. Keep a weekly calendar wall chart so she can see what to expect and use timers and reminder notifications to keep you on task. There are even Routine apps you can use.

And, lastly, give yourself some grace. Everyone who is trying to work from home full time and school their child at home full time is struggling. There aren’t enough hours in the day. And we’re all anxious to some degree. It’s just plain hard.

Stick to the Plan! How to Cement Your Child’s New Home Learning Routines

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.