Cymbalta?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  purplefuzz 2 months ago.

• Author

purplefuzz
    Participant

Hi! Does anyone have experience of taking cymbalta and helping with ADHD? I switched from Effexor which made me too numb so I recently switched. Just looking for insight

Bluntage
    Participant

I replaced my effexor with cymbalta about six years ago. It’s really good for depression but not the best for making activities enjoyable. I did prefer effexor to be honest as far as mood goes. Just couldn’t handle the male specific side effects. When you say numb what do you mean or do you mean?

purplefuzz
      Participant

For me the effexor made me lose interest in everything. I was emotionless, kind of numb. I just didn’t care for a lot of things.

MHibbert
    Participant

I have been taking Cymbalta for several years, mainly for controlling my emotional outburst and depression. I have not noticed any side effects, but I am a female.

moejoe1967
    Participant

I have been taking Cymbalta for years. It helps with Anxiety, somewhat Depression. Not ADHD. I don’t enjoy anything, but this said I have not been Suicidal for years. I have found no happy medium. I would like to try Wellbutrin, with the Vyvance but the Pharmacist doesn’t like the idea of a drastic change as I am beginning treatment. I am a 50 something female. I have never felt I belonged in this world and now I know why…….Possibly sexual side effects, otherwise just more of a flat affect, I can smile/laugh on cue (not really ever real). I can cry, very ocassionally. Does help with some neuropathic pain.

purplefuzz
      Participant

Hi! I’ve been on it for a little less than a month and it’s hard to tell with everything else going on. I was super emotional on wellbutrin, so that was a no go for me! I’ve been off/on various medicines for too long and I’m just frustrated with the trial/error part of medicine. I was under the impression that Cymbalta can help with ADHD and hopeful for it. I guess we shall both wait and see. I started Cymbalta around the same time as starting a new hormonal pill so that was like a double whammy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.