Coronavirus and 504 Plan/IEP Support

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning 504 Plans, IEPs & Accommodations Coronavirus and 504 Plan/IEP Support

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      deb91
      Participant

My 16 year old son is a high schooler with a 504 Plan. His school district has been closed since 3/16 and will continue to be closed until at least 5/1. However, his school is providing instruction online (what is called non traditional instruction days here- they get instruction online and turn in assignments and the district gets to count it as a regular school day). So he still has schoolwork each day. In the meantime, I am telecommuting. This has been rather stressful on both of us, as I’m sure it is for many families across the country. My question is, what, if any, supports is your child receiving from his/her school to honor the 504 Plan or IEP in a distance learning environment? Thanks in advance for sharing!

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

We’re in the same boat (my son is 17). I have asked the teachers to honor the modified assignments in his IEP because he’s struggling a great deal with the classes online. All teachers have accommodated that willingly and are trying to help him succeed.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.