Coping/Living with an Adult with ADD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Coping/Living with an Adult with ADD

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      alicea1230
      Participant

Hi everyone! I just found this wonderful community of people who are trying to deal with ADD. My fiance has ADD so I’m doing a bit of research and trying to learn and understand what to expect and how to prepare for a life with him.

At the same time, I’m working on writing a Capstone project for my University about coping mechanisms for people living with adults with ADD. I’m doing a couple of interviews with mental health professionals but I would love to also get an interview with some people who have real-life firsthand experience! If you are an adult with ADD or live with an Adult who has ADD, let me know! I would love to interview you!

Thank you!
      Alicea

bryantamara79
      Participant

You can interview me if you’d like. Id be at the beginning stages of being diagnosed. But believe me I’ve had it all of my life and I’m now 38. My email is bryantamara79@gmail.com.

alicea1230
        Participant

Thank you bryantamara79! I just sent you an email 🙂

kathi47
      Participant

I am 70yrs old and now on Ritalin which has really helped. I have had this all my life undiagnosed.if I can help kathi47@outlook
      com

alicea1230
        Participant

Thank you Kathi47, wow 70 years undiagnosed! I just sent you an email 🙂

eryn.vanacker
      Participant

I would be happy to be interviewed if you need more participants. I’m 33 years old and was finally diagnosed with ADHD last fall! I used to be a special education teacher so knew the symptoms and that I had it but never went in for an evaluation until I started working on obtaining a PhD 4 years ago. I have done a lot of research, practice, and analysis on my own behavior to figure out cooking skills that work for me. My email is evanac2@uic.edu.

eryn.vanacker
        Participant

Oops! Coping skills, not cooking skills. 🙂

alicea1230
        Participant

Thank you!! Just emailed you 🙂

pamhasegawa
      Participant

My husband, who lives with me (I have ADHD), and I would be happy to be interviewed. We’re in our mid-seventies and have 50 years’ experience living together. We were born and raised half a world away from each other.

alicea1230
        Participant

That would be wonderful! Thank you so much! Could you email me at alicea1230@gmail.com and we can arrange a time to have a phone call?

MSouth
      Participant

37, F, Diagnosed on 4-19-2018 with ADHD. Explains a LOT! I’d be happy to help with any research. I have GAD as well, so my anxiety changes the way I cope (or don’t) with the symptoms of ADHD.

Lahilton
      Participant

HI,

I am in a relationship with/live with an adult male for almost 9 years. He has ADHD! I am on the other side of things such as yourself.
      I would love to share my experience with you as well. lhshade@gmail.com.

alicea1230
        Participant

Thank you! Just emailed you!

icanbe
      Participant

I am a 57 year old female, my psychologist has sent me an initial questionnaire to fill out – I haven’t actually been diagnosed yet. However I believe I have inattentive type. I am willing to be interviewed.

tdsand
      Participant

I’m available also. I’ll be 50 in June and received a diagnosis at 30 years old.

juliemac
      Participant

I am willing to be interviewed of fill out a questionnaire.

julieamaciel@gmail.com

shouks29
      Participant

I’m a 37 year old female with ADHD and married. I’ll happily help with your research.
      Shouks29@yahoo.com

alicea1230
      Participant

Thank you so much for all of the detailed information! It is truly helpful!

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.