Constant change in interests

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Constant change in interests

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  humblepiesam 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

alishad002
    Participant

I’ll be all in and focused one month on something I really love than I find myself moving away from it, then I’ll start wanting to do something different and then maybe back to the next thing again or even the same thing from before. I’m frustrated because I’m 30s and a stay at home mom. I was an RD before kids and now looking into something else. Husband nervous to spend money because I’ll go hard core into something than loose interest. I totally understand his concerns and im nervous as well that I’ll loose interest. I’ll become interested and focused again but it’s not constant and it’s frustrating because if I’m going to do something I need to keep going with it. Not sure if I’m doubting myself or my brain just doesn’t stay focused on one thing consistently.

Does anyone else deal with this?

• This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  ADHDmomma.

Ntjhu
    Participant

Are you Kidding? You’re in an ADD mag. We all have this problem. ❤️. But we’re learning skills to change some of these behaviors here. Sometimes it’s hard to do, but it’s easier when we all know we are all trying to do the same thing. You’re question made me smile. 🙂

alishad002
    Participant

Lol! Very true! Just frustrated with the constant need for change and not being organized or focused enough. Glad I made you smile 😊

Ntjhu
    Participant

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to sound like you weren’t struggling, I know it’s hard. One of my doctors once told me to stop and give myself 30 minuets before I made a decision, it still helps me today. Just a suggestion? Sometimes what I really want is attention from my husband, I just would never ask for it. Never! Now I do, it’s still hard but I do. I just say, I need a hug, I need to talk, he was amazed! But after he got over the shock…he hugged me. ❤️. I’m not going to say it wasn’t scary, but it was worth it. I’m needy.

alishad002
    Participant

Totally ok! Just having a hard time articulating how I’m feeling exactly. Yes, i definitely need to ask my husband for more hugs and talks. I’m so needy too and it’s hard to ask for sometimes.
    Thank you for your input.

humblepiesam
    Participant

Hello! I agree that this is totally okay. The hardeset thing about being in a world that constantly tries to make you something they want you to be rather than who you are is not knowing how to break the cycle. To me, you have to have some bigger and more solid standard than just their (or your) own opinion. Everyone’s advice is always going to be one-sided because they’re trying to tell you what’s best for you, but the problem is, they’re not you!

In my humble not you opinion, it would be best to know for sure exactly who you are before moving forward in any area.

Not many people know that our emotional/mental (soul) side has NEEDS, just like our physical side needs air and water and food, our soul has social needs, leadership needs and relationship needs that have to be realized and acknowledged. Once they are, it becomes so much healthier because we can call things by their right names, like those who are introverted but deeply need and never know how to express that. Or those that need to lead, but have been lead to believe they’re just overpowering and selfish. Or like alishad002, you have to have constantly different where other people need constant routine. You think you’re crazy and so does everyone else because they’re not like you. All that means is that your internal wiring is different. If you were to realize that’s actually intentionally created, wouldn’t that quite literally change your life and your behavior?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.