Concerta…dose increase?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Concerta…dose increase?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sarbwah
      Participant

EDITED TO ADD: I also take cipralex for depression/anxiety, and have for 2 years.

Hi,

I was just diagnosed with inattentive ADHD a couple of weeks ago, at age 35. I am on day 14 of my first medication, which is 27 mg of concerta.

Within 30 minutes of taking the first dose, it felt like somebody had switched my brain on. It was incredible, and I had so much more energy, and was able to move through tasks so easily, in 3 days I got my house in order, and for about 5 days I felt like it was a magic pill that was changing my life. Now on day 14, I can feel it wearing off at the end of the day, by having some frustration over being less capable and then checking the time and realizing that it had indeed worn off. That is basically how I know that it is having any effect at all. I don’t have the energy, nor the ability to focus, nor the ability to just get up and do that I had in those first few days.

I am just waiting on an appointment with my doctor in the next couple of days, and wondering if those of you with some experience can tell me, does this sound like a medication that’s working but that I need a higher dose of?

I really appreciate any input, thank you so much.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by sarbwah.
      Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Here’s an overview of ADHD medication and how to adjust to find just the right med and dosage:

A Patient’s Primer on the Stimulant Medications Used to Treat ADHD

There could be a number of reasons that you feel it’s wearing off earlier. Explore that with your doctor.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Trainer on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

NumbAllDay
      Participant

Right dosage doesn’t exist at a constant level if it’s always moving. 😛

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by NumbAllDay.
Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.