College

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      adhdgal25
      Participant

Hi everyone. I am 25 years old and after being out of high school for six years, I decided to go back to school. I take online courses at Colorado Technical University to get my bachelor’s degree in criminal justice/human services. My goal is to be a victim’s advocate and or specialize in crimes against the elderly. However, I have the combined type of ADHD. As much as I struggle with attention,memory,and concentration, I am doing fairly well. I started Vyvanse about a year ago. I was originally on 30 mgs but they increased it to 40 and I must say, it is a miracle drug. I am getting straight A’s and a GPA of 3.92. In high school, I went undiagnosed and got D’s and F’s. I was diagnosed at age 24. Since the diagnosis, my life has changed for the better. Now that I am getting the properly help I so desperately needed, I have my life on track (for the most part). I still have challenges I face. But being diagnosed was a relief knowing that there was a name for my problems and that I am not alone. How do you all deal with your ADHD? And have you or are you attending college?

lzbethbuerke
      Participant

I have ADHD, and I am a 19-year-old sophomore in college. To be honest, my ADHD has made it fairly difficult to deal with everything. I also have a part-time job, and I tutor for a family friend so I have a lot of responsibilities and not a lot of time to do them all. I don’t currently take medication for my ADHD and have never done so. I just got re-diagnosed so now I can get accommodations in school. I am thinking of looking into ADHD coaching as well to help me learn better time management and organization skills.

adhdgal25
      Participant

That would be a good idea. I get them too. And I have a lot on my plate right now. I work a lot and am going through some legal issues so I do have some difficulty focusing and trying to get stuff done. Plus I have anxiety and depression which makes it worse

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.