Can't seem to move on bcz of ADHD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Can't seem to move on bcz of ADHD

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Sam7
      Participant

I have ADHD and PCOS. My PCOS is affecting my ADHD to extreme levels. I am a self aware person. And I know what flaws I have. However, my ADHD is hindering the process ofe getting better even after following all kinds of processes that you can find online. I’ve tried yoga, meditation, self-reflection and what not. I’ve lost friends because of this. I have a tendency to deny my mistakes even after me knowing it and if someone points it out. I have difficulty articulating my point and that has driven away good friends who tried to understand me a little but fave up on me. I can’t give up on myself as I do wanna get better.

Can someone help me with how to deal with this? And share their experiences. I believe I have a lot to learn and I am ready for it.

joansmith
      Participant

Hey Sam,

I faced the same issues 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with ADHD. I had so many troubles in learning and my all relations broke due to my behavior. I started doing exercise for at least 10 minutes/day to get good sleep. I used alarms to track my time and activities. Nobody was believing in me at that time, so I started believing in myself. At work I ended all distractions I put my desk towards a wall and kept my workplace free of clutter. I started eating healthy meals as unhealthy diets increases your ADHD symptoms. That’s how I’m coping up with ADHD. You can also do this & get back your original life. Good luck!

Sam7
        Participant

Even me! People don’t believe me. They think I’m lying all the time. They keep using nt psychology on me and keep telling me my behavior is toxic because I can’t share all the details that shuffle through my mind.

However, thank you! I will try to eliminate all and every distraction and focus on learning and meditation.

joansmith
        Participant

I understand your feelings Sam. If you need any help let me know.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.