BORED OF BEING ALIVE?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls BORED OF BEING ALIVE?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Penny Williams 1 month ago.

• Author

natalee_with2Es
    Participant

Anyone feel overwhelmingly bored with life and almost existent as a person?

I have full-time job so i work all day and then i have responsibilities when i get home (that i never get to as i just sit on my phone) when i have days off i have the urge to do something and anything with my day and i never do and i go through this cycle consistently. It leaves me feeling down about my life and i feel stuck in concrete and i cant move forward with life. Anyone struggle with this and is it ADHD related?

Andronicus
    Participant

Try creating small goals in your time off. Things that you can see as achievements toward bigger goals. I am working on this. I have a list of things to do with checkboxes. I keep going back to remind myself what I had planned and then also can see things I have achieved. Motivates me to get more done for me as I feel good about something I needed to do and I did it.
    Small things add up.

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

There are some strategies to stave off boredom in this article:

Beat Boredom and Get More Stuff Done Today

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.