Books – how many do you read?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Books – how many do you read?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Budkeiser
      Participant

I am just wondering how many books people read in general. I was diagnosed in 2016 (ADHD-I) and I thought I would see how many others with the same dx read. Last year I read +25 but previously I read only about 12 due to kids, work and dating. This year I am hoping for 30. The reason I am able to increase the number is because the competition for my time changed. I realize my number is above the average number of 5-12.

whisperingwings
      Participant

I read one book per month or every two months. I have ADHD along with dyslexia so I have to re-read most paragraphs.

Rarely ever even if I have bookcases full of books! I can’t seem to be able to make time for it – or something. Although once in a while I will get immersed into one. But most times I start books and don’t finish them and then I skip to another one.

Budkeiser
      Participant

I used to have a friend a few years ago who has ADHD. I always supported and encouraged them to read. After listening to the struggles they have encountered and successes in strategies, I purchased them a Kindle Fire.
      One can download books from the library or purchase them for yourself. A device feature they found very useful was the ability to provide audio allowing them to follow along.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.