Bathroom issues

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Bathroom issues

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bparks77
      Participant

My boyfriend’s 6 year old daughter was diagnosed this past school year with ADHD and was put on medication. Since then she has been having very odd bathroom behavior. This week she was at her grandmother’s house, she had to go the bathroom but instead of pooping in the toilet she decided to go in the potty chair that was being stored in the bathroom closet. When she got done she took the bowl out and hid it out in their sun room behind the hot tub. Another time pooped in the bathtub (not while taking a bath) she just sat on the side of the tub and went.

I am very concerned about this. This isn’t my first time being introduced to ADHD I have an 18 year old daughter with ADHD and a 17 year old son with ADD as well as me myself having ADD. Is this common?

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

I wouldn’t say it’s common, and I don’t think it’s part of ADHD, but it does happen — you’re certainly not the first. I would suggest meeting with a pediatric therapist to develop some strategies to address this behavior.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.