Back to school folder – suggestions and input please?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Working with Teachers Back to school folder – suggestions and input please?

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      XanKel
      Participant

Hi all, I am in the process of making a back to school folder to introduce my son and ADHD to his teacher next year (will be giving it to them this term so they have time to go through the info on the holidays IF they choose). Any suggestions or input would be really appreciated please. I have gone through the downloands on this site and added everything I can from here. I am however looking for alternatives to the introduce myself part. (anything is welcome as i will be passing it on to the parents in my local adhd group also.) thanks in advance!

I am also making a folder to give to the principle to give access to ALL teachers as the school really does not have much knowledge of ADHD, so anything to add to that too would be appreciated 😉

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Definitely include information on executive functioning challenges. I find that many educators don’t even know the term, much less the symptoms and how that impact academic capability in even the smartest students.

What Is Executive Function Disorder?

Listen to “Teaching Executive Functions to Children with ADHD: A Course for Teachers (and Parents)”

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.