Baby Onboard..3 days in no meds

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Baby Onboard..3 days in no meds

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      katrinadixon79
      Participant

I’m 37 and just found out I’m 5 weeks pregnant. This was a unplanned pregnancy due to the fact my partner was no longer able to reproduce. Since I found out about my pregnancy I have stopped taking my Adderall and consulted my physicians. I was advised the Adderall is a catogory C. Well my days have been horrible to the point my morning routine with my children are very stressful to the point where I think I’m causing my stress than the Adderall would be. Is there any women who have made it through successfully with no medication? How the heck did you do it?

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

There are MANY women who have stopped ADHD medications for pregnancy and made it through.

Meds and Motherhood: Is It Safe to Take a Stimulant During Pregnancy?

It’s important to do everything you can to manage your ADHD outside of medication now. Alternative therapies and a healthy lifestyle will now be crucial.
      https://www.additudemag.com/category/explore-adhd-treatments/natural-treatments/

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.