Attention seeking? I beg u read

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Attention seeking? I beg u read

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cermijc 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

maz
    Participant

Hi, so its a bit wierd. When i was in school, throughout year 7-10 (i got kicked out in year 1o permentantly) i would always seek the teachers ettention, like it would get really bad. I would cut myslef so deep so the teacher can notice and comfort me and drink alcohol etc, also fake drinking and bunking class just for their attention. I think part of it is becuase my mum doesnt show me love like that, but this is mainly the reason i got kicked out of school and has been on my mind forever. Could this be linked to ADHD or anything else? Because if i was normal i would still seek thier attention but not this extreme?

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

I don’t think there’s a direct correlation to ADHD, but it’s definitely something a therapist can help you with. I hope you have someone to support you through this difficult experience.

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Cermijc
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m a lifelong ADHD sufferer and I have to say, I wish other people would be as honest as you when dealing with learning and emotional issues. It makes diagnosis and treatment possible. It sounds like, from your description, these issues might need to be talked through with a psychiatrist or psychologist. My neuropsychiatrist used the word “comorbid” and said that a lot of learning and emotional issues travel together. I don’t know if you have ADD but there may be much wisdom in seeking advice from a professional. It’s their job and they’ve seen it all. Best of luck to you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.