Anyone trying binaural beats?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Anyone trying binaural beats?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ranma
      Participant

I’ve only tried a few times but, some frequencies seem to quiet my thoughts, I downloaded an app I can just listen to the tones without background music, and my mind seems to just focus on the tone and little to no random thoughts while listening.
      I don’t know of it’s a placebo effect, or if it does what it says on the tin, but if it calms my thoughts for a little bit I’ll try it.
      It feels like meditating without actually trying to meditate (if that makes any sense)
      Anyone else have experiences with it?

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Robert Cox, a therapist in Missouri who specializes in trauma and autism, recommends listening to binaural beats daily (must be through headphones). This helps to form new neural pathways and such in the brain because the sound is moving back and forth from one side to another. He also recommends mindfulness and gets great results with these approaches with his patients (kids and adults).

I haven’t been able to get my son (16) to stick with consistent practice of either, but we’re still working towards that.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

strwbry
      Participant

What app do you use? This sounds interesting, and I’d like to try it 🙂

Ranma
      Participant

Atmosphere, binaural therapy
      It’s on Google play.

nbktxwy
        Participant

Also, if you have a Google Play Music or Apple Music subscription, you can search for Artist: Dr. Head and Keywords: binaural OR isochronic. There are tons of good quality results that should be returned. Be sure to use the headphones for the binaural ones; if you want to listen via your car speakers, you can try the isochronic ones.

Regards,
        -david

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

You can find tons of them on Youtube as well.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

RagingADHD
      Participant

Yes, I like them. You can also get binaural tracks on Spotify.

They do seem to help me get into a deep flow state when I’m writing.

Of course, it could just be they they block out distracting noise and aren’t catchy or singable, like my favorite music. I mean, I don’t know if the binaural part is really doing the trick,bor if any slightly boring but pleasant music would do the same.

I should pull those out again.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.