Anyone on Zyban??

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mdykes
      Participant

I am a 39 year old woman who was diagnosed back in November with ADD inattentive. I tried Ritalin but didn’t work and then Dexamphetamine Sulfate but again some problems. I am now trialling Zyban (Bupropion or a believe Wellbutrin) with my Dex and my anti-depressants until the Zyban kicks in and then I will be taken off the Dex and then hopefully the anti-depressants. I am looking for anyone who has taken Zyban and their experiences with it. I am also keen to speak to anyone who has taken it? I am ALSO super keen to just chat in general about life in general with ADD, anxiety and depression. Please reply!! Mary-Anne out!

kimberly.rae.90
      Participant

In my experience, Wellbutrin was like drinking some espresso. It gave me energy and it helped to relieve the depression I was experiencing at the time but only for a few weeks. Then it felt like it stopped being effective. I’ve since been on Concerta for about 6 months and that has been more helpful for me at least.

But everyone has such different experiences with medications that what didn’t work for me might be perfect for you.

I had to try a good handful of meds before I had any success with the concerta. Finding a good fit for adhd medication sounds like its a long process for most people.

mdykes
        Participant

Thanks for your post Kimberly. I have only been taking the Zyban for about 6 or 7 days and am still weaning myself off the Dex so I won’t know for sure until I am completely off the Dex. I hope it works. I’m glad you found that Concerta was the right one for you. I am hoping this one is the right one as I don’t want to have to try another one.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Here are user reviews — Wellbutrin: https://www.additudemag.com/medication/wellbutrin/ and Dexamphetamine (ADDerall is brand name): https://www.additudemag.com/medication/adderall-xr/

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.