Anybody feel they improved with age?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Anybody feel they improved with age?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      antoniod
      Participant

In my Childhood and early Teens I was a chronic fit thrower, in my early 20s I sabotaged myself with enviousness and impatience, but approaching my late 20s I began cultivating a better attitude. Like everybody else I had my ups and downs, but at fifty-five I suddenly felt like a member of the human race, and for the past year or two I’ve felt very connected to what people near me are saying and doing(not in a paranoid way)in a way I really wasn’t most of my life. And the way I viewed the World became more rational over the years(I.E. It’s hard for everyone to achieve certain goals, and your disappointments aren’t because someone up there doesn’t want you to have what you want!). Anybody else experience this?

• This topic was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by antoniod. Reason: word missing
      todapo
      Participant

I never thought of posting it, but I’ve had the exact same experience except my adaptation began when I was 57. I don’t know what triggered it, but I feel as though I’ve lost an enormous load of baggage. So glad to hear of your experience!

boze25
      Participant

Age definitely has it’s pros and cons. Wrinkles, gray hair, more aches and pains, those extra pounds….The trade off is that we become more experienced, gain wisdom and self confidence, become more comfortable with ourselves and develop the coping skills we need to face all the challenges of life.

antoniod
        Participant

I don’t mind wrinkles or gray hair, because it’s better than my early Teens, when I looked Eight or Ten! I was desperately hoping that I’d start looking older come my next birthday then, but at an age where others were “the big kids” I kept being addressed as “Little Boy” and I wasn’t even Five feet tall!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.