Any experience with nonstimulants?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Teens and Young Adults with ADHD Any experience with nonstimulants?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      elizabethhgrace
      Participant

Hello, I’m new here. I’ve struggled with finding the right medication for years since all the stimulants I’ve tried have made me feel like crap with all the side effects and have done more bad than good.
      I literally had no idea nonstimulants were a thing until just recently. I mainly have trouble with focusing and ignoring distractions when it comes to my school work (I’m a senior in high school). However I still can be pretty hyperactive, and all the meds I’ve tried have made that so much worse and make it even harder to focus along with other side effects.
      My psychiatrist has never brought up nonstimulants, but from what I’ve read about them I plan on mentioning it next time I see her. I just am curious to see what experiences people have with taking nonstimulants, and if they’ve helped anyone who may be in a similar situation to me. So please reply if you’d like, thanks.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Non-stimulants help many, but they are not as effective for the majority as stimulants. The only way to know what will work for you is to try it. There are several different non-stimulants available to treat ADHD:

Non-Stimulant ADHD Medication Overview

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.