"Already mentally exhausted by the time you leave the house" – Article

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults "Already mentally exhausted by the time you leave the house" – Article

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      miral
      Participant

Hello,

A couple months ago I read an article – I thought it was here on ADDitude – about how adults with ADHD already had to put in a lot of mental work just by getting ready and out of the house in the morning. It was a paragraph within a longer article, and I can’t for the life of me find it. I just spent an hour with all various possible search terms. I thought it was on either executive dysfunction and/or chronic fatigue/burn out, but I’m not sure anymore since those didn’t yield any results.

Does anyone by any chance know what I’m talking about?

Thank you very much in advance.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Is it slide 7 in this article?

Are You Time Blind? 12 Ways to Use Every Hour Effectively

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

miral
      Participant

Unfortunately not, but thank you for looking @Penny.

It may not have been on Additude but I have a vivid memory of the ADDitude article style/layout going along with the paragraph.

This is extremely frustrating. I remember the lines well, but can’t find them.

It was about how every person has a limited amount of (mental) capacity which gets depleted while going through the day, but for someone with ADHD it gets already way more depleted in the morning because they have to remember so many things just for getting ready to get out of the house.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Could it be this one?

ADHD Fatigue Is a Real (Exhausting) Thing

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

miral
      Participant

Dear @Penny, thank you so much, unfortunately, that one wasn’t it either 😔

I really feel like going crazy. I didn’t imagine reading it, why can’t I find it 😔

Edit: Error: Slow down; you move too fast. 😳😬😂 …on an ADHD site. That made me genuinely laugh, thank you!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.