Advice to have a long lasting relationship please!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Advice to have a long lasting relationship please!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Emma-louise13
      Participant

Hey I related completely to what you said about how your life has been , my morals and my actions are completely different and I feel guilt and shame all the time….I am an addict also and have been addicted to alcohol cocaine/amphetamines for years but have managed to get some respite in recovery for the last 2 years and take my prescribed concerta xl which is slow release methylphenidate daily which really helps me with my adhd symptoms but I still struggle with my brain racing and with relationships because i cant commit to anyone coz i get bored of people so easily…for a short time I’m completely obsessed with them then it wears off and i want someone new which is painful to them and me and frustrating coz all i want to do is settle down and be content with someone I’m also 36 and have 2 kids and currently in an on off relationship with a man who is pushing me for a commitment i think i love him but I’m too scared to go for it coz i know I’m bored of him even tho I love him and dont want him to be with anyone else but I’m scared I’m going to cheat coz I need that thrill of being with someone new, please help !

Dizzy
      Participant

Emma, be patient with yourself, and others.

From experience, I can suggest that taking an on/off relationship and
      trying to make it permanent is a recipe for disaster/divorce.

Based on what you’ve written, above, I would suggest taking some
      time and getting yourself together, and getting life stable before
      you consider getting into a long term relationship.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.