ADHD/TICS/MOOD DISORDER and CBD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child ADHD/TICS/MOOD DISORDER and CBD

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  christinecmt 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

ajsd
    Participant

Officially done making my child go thru different pharmaceuticals to figure out how to help him …He has ADHD/MOOD DISORDER with anger and now vocal tics I am so heartbroken having to watch him go thru this …My next step is to try CBD oils …does ANYONE have info about them or a website they went to for questions …is there doctors that will advise on this ??? I am just at my wits end and tired of filling him up on man made rx that isn’t doing anything to help
    My son is 11 and has been dealing with the ADHD with impulsivity since he was 5 then the mood disorder came along and now these horrible vocal tics ..he literally looked at me the other day and said mama when are these gonna stop …with the saddest little face ..
    Please any help is appreciated

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

Here’s some information on CBD oil and ADHD:

CBD Oil for ADHD? The Facts About This Popular Natural Treatment

Most people say it doesn’t help with the classic symptoms of ADHD, but it does help a great deal with anxiety for most people. If any of his struggles are driven by anxiety, it could help.

In my own experience, you need a good quality, independently tested CBD. These are the expensive ones. The cheap ones are pretty useless I think.

With gratitude,
    Penny

christinecmt
    Participant

I too would like to know more about CBD options. I feel for you, and the Pharma world is such a difficult and scary place to navigate. My daughter started meds this past year, suddenly developed tics that she too was aware of and embarrassed by. It began a nose dive emotionally, socially, scholastically, etc. It took 3 months for them to dissipate, on the meds, off the meds, nobody has clear answers. I feel it was stress and hormone related as the tics only flare up now when she is tired and or stressed.

My best advice to you is what I have been told and try to remind myself of everyday….you are doing the best you can for your child. Each child is different, each child with ADHD is different, there is no once size fits all so keep plugging away until you find the right fit for him. Maybe it is CBD, Diet, Activity, Meditation or maybe time and all of the above. The fact that you continue to seek answers to help him speaks to your love and dedication which will help get them through this and where he needs to be. Good luck

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.