ADHD Misdiagnose?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      LMLS
      Participant

Hello!

My husband had been diagnosed with Depression 5-6 years ago. Since then he has been struggling with his life not knowing how to cope with what he thought it was depression.

In the last 4 months, he has opened with me (for the first time in 3 years married) about the way he feels and his non-stoppable brain, along with loads of other symptoms. He has seen his GP and after 6 appointments she finally decided to refer him to ADHD assessment.

The assessment results came back yesterday with a NO! After 4 months looking forward to this “special” day, we were given a one-sentence letter that says he has some of the traits but not the condition, no other explanation was given.

What do I do? How can I help him in the meantime while he is struggling with his life? Should I look for a second opinion through the NHS (UK medical service) or should we be looking for a private appointment to assess his condition again? He already had one appointment with a psychiatrist who suggested my husband had a mild type of bipolar called cyclothymic combined with ADHD.

Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated.

trishar
      Participant

Hello –

I am also in the UK. Look online and contact the Neurodevelopment team at your Hospital and ask/demand to be assessed. I hope this helps

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.