ADHD in business

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jesudota 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Jesudota
    Participant

Is there any ADHD person that has a very successful business going? what’s your secret?

Jesudota
    Participant

Why am I not getting responses? I was excited when I first joined this forum but it seems like most people don’t even want to help other sufferers or perhaps don’t even care.

Macushla68
    Participant

Jesudota, I think that what happens is, because people here have trouble focussing and remembering, it can seem that no-one cares.

I only mentioned this a day or so ago on another thread for Australians – it was like we all were excited to find each other, and there was a flurry of activity, and then we all completely forgot about it. I gave that thread a gentle nudge and the others on it agreed; that’s how it goes sometimes. I think it’s the nature of the – illness? condition? disorder? that this can happen.

I’m sorry that you are not getting responses. I know nothing of business myself, but I hope that someone here can help you. If you have other threads I will certainly help if I can.

Please don’t think no-one cares.

Dizzy
    Participant

Jesudota, there are many people with successful businesses that
    also have ADHD.

Usually I would say it’s a business associated with their passion
    for a particular activity.

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

There are definitely many people with ADHD who own their own business or are successful entrepreneurs.

How to Succeed in Business with ADHD

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Samk
    Participant

Hi Jesudota

I have few successful businesses. As an entrepreneur, I think my secret is, I can see what others can’t see. I see opportunities everywhere and I am just going for it. without thinking what can go wrong etc. (which is wrong) and only but only focusing for my dream and success until my dream becomes reality.
    My biggest problem was, I use to loose my focus and interest after that. That’s it I’m done. Neext… New ideas… inventions… New dreams… 1000s

I had to bankrupt few times to learn, but eventually found solutions and all good know. I am sticking what I am good at (Creativity, finding opportunities etc.) and passIng everything else to my stuff or experts.

Recently one of my friend asked me why are you working so much… You don’t needed anymore … I never thought about how much I was making until that day. And realized that it’s not the money it’s the enjoyment of achieving something.
    For me I never worked in my life. I enjoy it and I see it as a hobby. Maybe this is my secret.

Sam

Jesudota
    Participant

Thank you all, I’ve learned a lot. Sam, I do have a hobby too which is sewing but I don’t know how to organize it and make it into a successful business can you recommend a website that can help improve my organizational skills? Penny very helpful, thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.